1. Why not have your say? To take part in forum conversations Sign In or Join. It’s fast, free and easy!
  2. Golden Rule: Be nice, respectful and avoid self-promotion.
    We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forums around. Check out our full guidelines and tips for new players.

Login problems? Please update your forum URL bookmarks or saved credentials from HTTP to HTTPS (we have upgraded security)

voice mail

Discussion in 'Get productive' started by eightknots, Jan 29, 2020.

1. eightknots

eightknots Member

just wanting to see what others have done & ideas.

Its come to my attention that around 60% of potential clients that call my phone don't leave a message for me to respond to , that a lot of potential work lost .

when i have called them back and asked answers have ranged from don't like leaving voicemail to just moved to the next business on my list .

Have others had the same thing and what have you done to capture more of the calls , i thought of an auto text message to ask if they wanted me to call back so all the need to reply is yes ?
  2. m.dance

m.dance Member

Sorry to start with a question but do you know where they are finding your number? (Website, Facebook or flyer)

If it's via a website or Facebook maybe encourage booking a call you could use calendly where potential clients book in a time for you to call them?
  3. Amy1991

Amy1991 Member

Interesting! Although I haven't done this yet, I think it might help.

This is probably a normal messagebank, "We are currently helping other customers like yourself. Please leave your name, number and a short message and we will get back to you ASAP"

And this is offering something in return of them leaving their details:

Thank you for calling us. You have now become eligible to receive 5% because we are unable to answer this call right now. All you have to do is leave your name, contact number and a short message and one of our friendly staff will call you ASAP. Thank you for helping us serve you better :)
  4. arrowwise

arrowwise Active Member

If speaking to a real person is so valuable, minimize the chance of them going to voicemail. Divert to a person that can handle these calls or invest in a live answer service or virtual receptionist. That will bring down your loss rate by a lot.
    Tom ISW likes this.
  5. Tom ISW

Tom ISW Active Member

Agreed with @arrowwise - I use an answering service that helps me twofold:

1) Potential clients are greeted with a real person on the other end instead of my voicemail, preventing dropped leads.
    2) Any messages are passed on to me via email, so I can figure out if I should call them back.

As many of us know, we can get inundated with spam/scam calls since our numbers are on display.

Having the message come through on email means the "cold" call is a bit warmer since I know what it's about before I can start a real dialogue. It also saves time sitting and listening to an entire 30 second message when I can read it in a tenth of that time.