Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Ready, Set, Network! Reply To: Ready, Set, Network!

Sonja Walker
  • Total posts: 1
Up
::

As a relative newcomer to networking, I have to say that I just love the professional development and insight that well chosen events offer to me as a new business owner.

I have joined the Working Women’s Network in Sydney’s North and can honestly say it’s been one of the best things I have done all year – not just for my business, but also for myself.

It is great to meet other motivated women who, like me, juggle the responsibilities of business ownership and family life.

For me, it’s not about distributing as many business cards as I can. It’s about getting to know other business owners, learning from their experiences and, very occasionally, being able to share mine in the hope that they might help someone else.

I have met some great people, developed really advantageous working relationships and made some lasting friendships.

It takes time, and it doesn’t always feel completely comfortable, but for me, the effort I make to go along and gain something positive out of every networking evening I attend is absolutely worth it!