Home – New Forums Starting your journey So where do you think is a good place to start for business ideas / concepts? Reply To: So where do you think is a good place to start for business ideas / concepts?

BrightBiz
  • Total posts: 69
Up
::

Hi Seachange,

I am currently at the very start of beginning my small business adventure. It can be overwhelming and exciting all at once.

For me it was a choice of freedom. You need to look at your skills, strengths and weaknesses and decide if they are useful to you in starting a business.

Of course if you are going into a retail environment etc, it can be a large financial strain to get going also, so you’d need to put alot of effort into ensuring you had enough start up capital.

For me, I looked at what my strengths were, why I wanted to start this business, and what competition there is (locally especially).

Once i had looked at those basics I was happy enough that this could well be a successful venture for me.

One thing I did have to overcome was my “fear” of business. There’s definitely lots to learn but now I’ve realised that it’s ok to take it step by step and start small, and that’s what I’m doing. (having 3 kids under 6 at home sort of makes any other way impossible) lol.

What type of business are you considering? I’m sure there are others here who will have more detailed advice for you… good luck ;)