Home – New Forums Other discussions Risk Manangement Assessment Reply To: Risk Manangement Assessment

peppie
  • Total posts: 525
Up
::

I would approach your insurance company (I prefer to work through an agent because then they do the chasing up for you) and ask them just what needs to be in the RMA.

I would imagine all you need is something along the lines of a safety and maintenance program that any of your staff MUST follow. Such as the bikes maintained to such and such a standard, a list of things checked before each outing, instructions given to users, maybe a statement on the hire form that the hirer understands the risks etc. and have been instructed in use and safety. (You cannot legally transfer your responsibility, the provider can still be libel if there is injury.) You might add that certain bikes are only to be hired to certain age groups or fitness levels etc.. Anything that makes you look like you are bending over backwards to minimise the insurance company’s risk. Then you present a draft copy for their approval.