Home – New Forums Starting your journey Pre-startup: getting quotes Reply To: Pre-startup: getting quotes

Renee Barber
  • Total posts: 360
Up
::
deborah, post: 4700 wrote:
My business will be in the textiles, clothing and footwear (TCF) industry and, on reflection, I’m slightly embarrassed that I even asked this question. Wishing to enter this particular industry had a lot to do with it, I think – I am hypersensitive to how industry-insiders may see me.

I have an inkling that how I word my requests for quotes may be a lot more important than trivial details like whether or not I have an ABN attached to my name. That is, the closer I can get to accurately describing what I want, the better.

Deb

Hi Deb

I get the impression you have an ABN, but you’re just worried about including it as you’re (as you mentioned) ‘hypersensitive to how industry-insiders may see [you]’.

Now I don’t know your situation, but I reckon what really counts is being confident in yourself and what you have to offer. Of course we have to think about how our target market perceives us (perception maps are handy for that), but faith in yourself will take you a long way.