Home – New Forums Money matters Merchant Fees too high – how to receive payments from customers? Reply To: Merchant Fees too high – how to receive payments from customers?

ray_223
  • Total posts: 594
Up
::
LeelaCosgrove, post: 3890 wrote:
I really dislike credit card surcharges … I mean, you WANT people to pay you via CC so that it’s convenient for them AND you get paid quickly and easily … I don’t understand why so many small businesses put the surcharge on … either raise your prices by 2-5% to cover it, or don’t charge it.

I don’t like CC surcharge fees either.

I guess it depends on how many people pay via CC and how many pay by other methods.

Most payments I receive are by cheque or direct deposits. I don’t think it is fair to increase everyones prices for the few who do pay via CC.

Bank transfers are so easy these days if it saves you $100-$200 (or more) why not use that method? And if you are buying some expensive product and one supplier has increased his/her price by 3% to cater for the surcharge I’ll probably choose the supplier who hasn’t done that, pay by direct deposit and save the 3% myself (which may be a sizable amount added up over a year – for some products I buy that will be many thousands of dollars).