Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Flying Solo on Twitter Reply To: Flying Solo on Twitter

JodieR
  • Total posts: 61
Up
::

LOL. Your points are very valid (of course).

So, my challenge is for you to find out just how useful this technology is for us in business, is this another additional networking option or is it really just not mature enough for business yet? I am open to new options, keep us posted on your journey. But be careful to not get carried away simply because its exciting new technology and “I must have it”.

One thing I was trying to achieve with my taunts… was for members to explore for themselves the possibilities that applies to them individually. Purely because I don’t want to spend too much time helping others with twitter – which is why I put out some initial suggestions and links that helped me get started so far. I don’t want to waste too much of my time on it as there are more important aspects of my business to concentrate on – as you guys have asked… is it worth your time? I have to ask myself is it worth my time trying to explain it in detail to others when there is so much information out there that I’ve been able to go through myself, that they could use to find out for themselves?
I would have to research it in more detail to be able to provide relevant feedback on it’s capabilities. Don’t get me wrong, I love helping people. which is what I’ve tried to do. But I also have to be careful too, if you know what I mean.

Honestly, i don’t know if it’s going to go well or not – in a short time, yes it has in that I’ve made extra contacts and referrals (examples in previous posts) It’s still a very early stage for me, but I’m willing to give it a go. I enjoy doing a bit of research that may (or may not) help me to expand and grow. I’m putting in some time to find that out for myself. Putting aside a bit of time to explore. But as I said before, and I’m sure you can understand, I don’t want to put TOO much time against it.

I’ve tried to help a little for those who don’t quite understand it (and yes I’m still learning myself) but I don’t want to be a personal tutor either. However, after my experiment, and if I find that it does stand out as a viable marketing tool, then I will report back :o) But I must stress, it’s an individual thing, what works for one, will not necessarily work for another.

And… even if I did come back with all the details of how well it’s worked for me… would that really make that much difference to you? :o)

I hope my posts don’t sound nasty or like I’m having a go at you for not participating – that is in no way my intent. I enjoy a little cheeky humour on the odd occasion. So I apologise now, if any of my posts were taken out of context. :o)