Home – New Forums Tech talk Some basic website design help – pretty please! Reply To: Some basic website design help – pretty please!

Renee Barber
  • Total posts: 360
Up
::
peppie, post: 4429 wrote:
Ahhh, Renee I’ve got you curios now I can see.

But I would like to keep the revealing of the actual site for a bit longer, I think It possibly helps here to keep the subject to the Theory of Design principle for a bit. My reason being that it would be too tempting to just launch into solving a particular design problem and not address the need as such. The need I see here is to come up with a solution to a very simple web site that needs to be very easily changed/updated on a regular basis.

The site design is not a problem and everyone is happy with that, for now at least – just the ease of being able to update. I will reveal more in time,,,, at least when I have more to reveal. And I have the same problem Renee, it is getting late and I cannot go to blanket bay until I do some more work!!!

Caught me there … Curiosity is one of my landmark personality traits. However, I was never a big fan of philosophy. I remember being asked the whole, ‘If a tree falls in a forest and no-one is there to hear it, does it really make a sound?’ For some reason, the answer ‘Yes’ seemed to give my professor the irrits.

While we’re talking about courses though, one of my favourite classes in school was Trigonometry (yeah, math nerd). You were given a starting point and an ending point and all you had to do was find the ‘middle bit’. That’s why I think I’m in favour of seeing the system you have in place as, for me, knowing the ‘problem’ shapes the solution.

Anyway, smile, I shall have to hone another part of my personality which isn’t such a natural part of my psychological DNA: patience.