Home – New Forums Money matters It’s Not About the Money Reply To: It’s Not About the Money

LeelaCosgrove
  • Total posts: 634
Up
::
peppie, post: 4811 wrote:
But I have also heard of many who did that and regretted never seeing their kids grow up.

But,,,, I would hate to think that you might end up trapped into slaving away when you are young and energetic only to wonder one day whether it was really worth it. There is something in the Bible that puts it very succinctly, “what does it gain someone if he gains the whole world, but looses his own soul?”. Now, I don’t mean to preach to you, but rather just to show you where I am coming from. Money helps, but it is’nt everything and when you get a bit older you start to rethink your priorities, thus the idea behind a “seachange”.

Just my thoughts, call it a bit of hard won experience if you like.

I don’t have any kids … I have a husband who works the same hours next to me – we see a lot more of each other than most other couples do – and because we help each other with our businesses we have this awesome rapport where we can be each others business colleague as well as friends and partners …

We also have a fur child that we get to spend all of our time with …

I don’t like the attitude that you have to have one or the other … just because you are making money and working hard, it doesn’t mean that I’m going to “lose my soul”. Quite the opposite.

I love what I do.

I spend more time with my family than most people do.

I work hard.

I make good money.

And I’m developing a business that will run without me and continue to pay me well …

I don’t have to rethink my priorities because they’re straight.

I find it a strange head-space for a business person to be in to think that if I’m working hard, I must be giving up stuff …

My ‘sacrifice’ is that I haven’t turned on the TV in 4 weeks (literally!). So I’m ‘sacrificing’ watching the Biggest Loser and So You Think You Can Dance … I know, I know … I’ll totally look back on this on my death bed and think …

“Gee. If only I’d spent less time working and developing my financial independence I would have known who was the Biggest Loser in 2009 … “