Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Pushy Salespeople Reply To: Pushy Salespeople

Renee Barber
  • Total posts: 360
Up
::

I totally get and agree with what Téa is saying …

I reckon everyone is getting a bit heated because we’re really getting into ideological differences and also the evolution from a sole trader configuration to a structure that has other employees and/or a formal referral and outsourcing network. The latter is probably what I anticipate doing, but it’ll be way down the track because I (and I believe this is the case for a lot of other webbies and designers) do the work I do because I love the feeling of creation so I’d never want to get so big that I regularly have to outsource.

Anyway, here are some ideas that might help relieve some of the pressure (if you’re not feeling pressure, feel free to nap):

• review your profit centres to find out what’s making you the most money so you can do more of it
  • raise your rates
  • review your target market. I personally love working with micro businesses, but there’s generally more money to be had working with corporates.
  • make your process leaner
    • Look at your overheads to see if you can reduce them by bundling services, etc.
    • Look at things you repeat often and try to reduce the time spent. If you design books (I do and I love it!), think about setting up macros to clean up all the weird flotsam that Word files accumulate and definitely (!) use styles.

Finally, sometimes just taking a moment to ‘step back’ can help you see things with perfect clarity.