Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Pushy Salespeople Reply To: Pushy Salespeople

Renee Barber
  • Total posts: 360
Up
::
linkartist, post: 5222 wrote:
btw, anyone who uses the words “social media marketing strategy” makes me want to vomit… because they miss the point ;)

Oh dear … I wonder if I used that on my blog … *ponder* Laugh.

What reading over some of these posts has shown me is that almost everyone has topics or types of people that push our buttons. For some people, it’s ‘pushy salespeople’. For others, it’s people who call all salespeople pushy.

Somehow I think we understand things better if we’ve been in the position. For example, I’ve never done sales per se (apart from in my own business with people who have contacted me) so I’d find it hard doing a cold call. By hard, I mean I wouldn’t consider doing it unless the last tin of baked beans had disappeared from my cupboard. For me, that’s okay at this point in time. For Leela, that would be crazy because she’s clearly very passionate about it.

Anyway, all that said, what I love about this forum is that everyone has an opinion, but at the end of the day, they are just that: opinions because I doubt if any technique works for every person, if only for the fact that not every person is willing to put in the ‘hard yards’ and/or feels comfortable with doing it. And as Téa said, that’s okay. We just have to be able to share our opinions and respect that other people can do so too.

As I was re-reading some of these posts, which contain some pretty good ideas overall, I wondered about the copyright protection on material posted in public forums. Does anyone know?