Home – New Forums Tech talk Need to get my Web woe’s sorted! Reply To: Need to get my Web woe’s sorted!

Renee Barber
  • Total posts: 360
Up
::
emote, post: 5053 wrote:
Thanks Renee!
Creepy voice will go. Just having a bit of fun in my studio – maybe the brides dont get it!
I’m hoping that that was the only thing you really disliked?
Mike

Hi Mike, I guess I’d have to know a bit more about your target market to really assess your site from a prospective client’s viewpoint, but my first impression of your site is that it seems a bit ‘myspace’ish and/or the website for a goth musical artist. I don’t mean to be harsh, but that’s what I felt. I also believe that some of the pages are too crowded with images in general and also that they might not be the most appropriate images.

Here are some other suggestions based on a quick inventory:

• Please do not centre body text. This is one of my pet peeves.
  • The animated line separators on your Links page are a bit old hat.
  • Make sure the font is consistent throughout your site and you may wish to choose something else as it’s a bit stodgy.
  • On the Contact page, I’d move the form up and shift the calendar elsewhere (if you really need it at all).
  • Your homepage should be less about who you are and more about what you can do for the person reading your page. Really put yourself in their ‘shoes’. This caveat goes for every page on your site, apart from perhaps the ‘About’ page where you get to show off a little (from the perspective of showing why you’re the best person for the job).

OK, those are my quick impressions. I hope they help.