Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Changing business name – opinion needed Reply To: Changing business name – opinion needed

Helen B
  • Total posts: 14
Up
::
Adam Randall, post: 6731 wrote:
Not a fan of Kath and Kym then….

I have thought about changing my name because I always have to spell it out to people being that its a common word but spelt differently, Creydall, most people spell Cradle……

Trying to think of a name at the spur of the moment and just put my name and my wifes maiden name together, Crey and Randall, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now that so much business is web based, if you do decide to change it, make sure it is not a common term as you will never be able to make it stand out with the search engines (or it will be very hard)

For example, if I was to call myself – Expert Computer systems, this would be a very bad thing.

So if you were to call yourself – Ultimate design studio or something similar, for the web at least it would be the same as crossing the streams….. it would be bad.

Ah, of course, Kath & Kym – I couldn’t hear you doing the Kath voice via forum post :)

I definitely get the Ghostbusters ref. Now you’re talking my language!

As for my name – I’ve spent a bit of time looking at variances of my name and design and it’s surprising how many HBs are out there and have registered as a business, or domain name. But it definately has to be something that leaps out and says what I’m about and what I offer. I’m not one for ‘design for design sake’ so I apply the same rule to the name, it has to have a purpose/meaning. Need a major brainstorming session for that one!