Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Internet site, Too sell or look pretty?? Reply To: Internet site, Too sell or look pretty??

Anonymous
  • Total posts: 11,464
Up
::

Making the sale is definitely the most important thing when designing a website it is all about making it easy to use, making sure all the information is clear and present for your customers, etc etc… but I think if you are in the creative business (as I am) that a well constructed website to match your personality and your products is well suited but certainly does not mean you have to spend a fortune to get it!

For one of my sites I started out with the whole professional look but realised given what I do it was just really boring and needed to be more fun and welcoming and to stand out from the crowd. At the end of the day I am the product designer, I need to sell both myself and my products so if I make the site more personable people will get a feel for me and it will make it easier for them to trust me, therefore will purchase from me.

It all depends on what kind of approach you want to take and how you want to sell yourself.