Home – New Forums Other discussions Designers… what do you think of them? Reply To: Designers… what do you think of them?

pado
  • Total posts: 39
Up
::

Hi Dan, looks like you have evoked a lot of reactions from peoples good/bad experiences with designers. I wish you all the best with your business.

For my 2 cents worth, because someone calls themselves a designer doesnt mean anything, from my experience interviewing approx 40 designers over the past 5 years, you either have it or you dont, there is an innate ability to be creative that you cant teach. Anyone can learn to use design programs like photoshop and illustrator and get a degree in design but doesnt mean they have the creative talent to be a good designer. Its something they are born with, they are artists.

The best designers are just that, designers, they shouldnt need to have the skills to write copy etc, they come up with the creation, the image and style. The team around them decide on the copy, marketing, unique selling point and the designer uses their skills to bring that vision to life. You need a great team at a design agency who each skilled at their own areas, design, marketing, copy etc.

thats enough of a ramble, a good designer is more valuable than gold, the problem is the bad ones give the good ones a bad name.

– greg