Home – New Forums New here? Share your story French in Australia Reply To: French in Australia

Renee Barber
  • Total posts: 360

Bonjour Cyndie

Pretty much everyone will say that you need an accountant and that’s probably true.

As far as a business visa goes, if you have permanent residency, that should cover you for working in Australia, as far as I’m aware.

Generally, you’ll need to register for an ABN (and GST if your business will generate over $75k, I think, in revenue per year) and also register your business name with the appropriate state authority.

But, yeah, you should probably consult an accountant to make sure you’re on the right track.

Good luck!