Home – New Forums Starting your journey New Bookkeeper Reply To: New Bookkeeper

Accounts Studio
  • Total posts: 516
Up
::

Hi Daniel
I have had a bookkeeping agency for about 5 years now and had a similar problem a couple of yrs ago regarding hiring other staff. With your current clients – is some of the work more basic data entry type stuff that you could outsource to another bookkeeper or admin person on a casual basis? That could free up some time for you to take on some more clients whilst you decide what to do. Having worked as a Finance Manager for corporations and now working for myself, personally I would pick self employment every time but that doesn’t mean it is right for everyone. Could you cut your tax firm work back to 3 or 4 days a week as you pick up more clients?

A really great place for you to check out would be the forum at The Australian Bookkeepers Network – they are really up to date on all the legislation changes and have some really active members who would be able to give you lots of advice. They also regularly advertise work that other bookkeepers want to outsource or that they cannot take on due to their client list being full.

Also if you are interested I recently released a book on growing a bookkeeping business covering all aspects from setting fees, marketing, finding clients, taking on staff etc. You can see it at http://www.theideasbook.com.au

Good luck and let me know if you need any other advice. Happy to help.