Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Opening Specials Promo- How To? Reply To: Opening Specials Promo- How To?

exstatic
  • Total posts: 335
Up
::
JulieA, post: 14324 wrote:
I’m about to open( well, re-open in fact) my body jewellery site. I’ve decided to have a “Grand Opening Specials” promo, but am not sure how best to do it/handle it.
I intend to have 6 different products on special ( basically covering the majority of popular piercings), but I’m not sure about things like:
1. How long do I keep the promo going?
2. Should I limit the promo items per person? Per sale? In any other way?
3. Should I make the specials available only to people who register for them? ( Or will requiring registration be off putting for people?)

Any other advice/recommendations please?
TIA

Hi Julie,

I’ll do my best to help you out.. firstly.. how are you marketing the launch? Do you have an existing list that you might email out to? Are you doing any advertising? – how will you get visitors to your site?

In regards to how long you keep the promo going, well that depends on how well received it is.. for a website, I usually give myself 100-200 unique visitors to see whether or not a campaign is working, if I can’t convert 100-200 visitors to a sale, then I need to re-visit the campaign.

In terms of how you limit the promo items, I guess that depends on whether or not those items make you a loss and how big a loss you can take.. or whether it can be offset against marketing costs etc.. If you sell 500 items at promo and each of those makes a $5 loss.. thats a $2500 cost to get those sales.. will those sales turn into repeat customers? What are your going to do with those customers? How can you get the value out of that promo? And can it be measured?

And for no 3.. I think registering could be an ok idea.. maybe if you were to add some exclusivity to it.. like register here to get exclusive 15% deals not being offered to the public..

Best of luck