Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Working with marketing agencies Reply To: Working with marketing agencies

small business marketing
  • Total posts: 94
Up
::
LeelaCosgrove, post: 19715 wrote:
Here’s the problem … business is about what you DO. It’s not about expertise. It’s ALL about sales and marketing. This is CORE business. If you’re not good at it – you need to learn how. As long as it is outsourced, your business is at the mercy of whoever you’re paying.

This is a great point, unless you get people to call you, email you, visit your website, walk into your store – you dont have a business. All of that ‘stuff’ happens through effective marketing.

LeelaCosgrove, post: 19715 wrote:
Sure, once you’re good at it yourself you can get others in … but until then it’s a HUGE mistake I see people make time and time again … and if often kills their business.

Go and read a few Jay Abraham and Dan Kennedy books – get yourself up to date on the way things REALLY work (as opposed to paying “agencies” huge fees and getting little result … seriously what most marketing agencies actually understand about marketing wouldn’t fill a matchbox).

Complementary to teaching yourself, you can work with a marketing coach (yes I am one but there are lot of others out there that are great at what they do) and rather than using an agency (that will fish for you), a good coach will teach you how to fish for yourself, then put a system in place so your marketing system is repeatable and scalable. Another author I’d recommend is John Jantsch, the author of Duct Tape Marketing. Here is the Amazon link, plenty of reviews available. http://www.amazon.com/Duct-Tape-Marketing-Practical-Business/dp/159555131X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259126281&sr=8-1