Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi… My first post Reply To: Hi… My first post

siringo
  • Total posts: 39
Up
::

Just thought I’d throw my 2 cents worth in.

I don’t envy you trying to sell your product to large clients and a large market, don’t get me wrong, I hope you have great success.

Have you thought of using the tried and true ‘let ’em use it for free and when they’re hooked, start charging for it’ approach?

This is a very common way of getting people to use your product or service so at least it’s out in the field.

Good examples of this approach are many of the Web 2.0 services that are around. For example, just about any blogging provider, online forms etc, I know that is not what you’re offering, but I believe it’s a good way to go for at least 2 reasons.

1 – As I mentioned, you get your product out in front of eyeballs
2 – You get people using it. This gives you a chance to fix bugs, add functionality, feel out what people really want etc.

You don’t have to offer your complete application, can you scale it down for small or home based businesses?

The most important thing is getting started and to do this you MAY have to sacrifice some things, it may be functionality, it may be money, time or pride, but once you get going you can always get those things back.

Keep an eye out on the Freelancer type web sites, you may find people looking for an app like yours or similar, that might get you going?

Good luck.

Sales people … work hard … tough job … yeah right ;-)