Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing myself Reply To: Introducing myself

  • Total posts: 525


MYOB – Mind Your Own Business

With respect to your bookkeeping career, Can I highlight the first paragraph from the aticle Ten questions to ask your bookkeeper ;

1. What qualifications and professional memberships do you hold, and are you a registered BAS agent?
The Tax Agent Services Bill 2008 scheduled to take effect from 1st March 2010 means that anyone providing BAS services for a fee will need to be a registered BAS agent. If your bookkeeper is processing BAS work, then this is something they should be transitioning towards.

At a minimum, your bookkeeper should have qualifications such as Certificate IV Financial Services. Look for someone who is a member of one of the various professional bookkeeping associations in Australia such as The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) or the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).