Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I may be a dreamer but I’ll make this dream come true!!! Reply To: I may be a dreamer but I’ll make this dream come true!!!

Leisa D
  • Total posts: 563
Up
::

Hi again, to answer question I am a business owner, I’ve been solo for 6 years, so I’m happy to answer any questions. The biggest point I’d like to make is that EFFECTIVE marketing is essential, and for me this is the most time consuming, mentally draining and expensive part of running my business, so being in a similar competitive industry (fashion or interior) be prepared to spend more time/money/effort doing things to GET the work, than actually DOING the work.

Having said that, the best thing you can do to market yourself is simply do a great job, so your clients come back for more – and tell their friends. Around 80% of my new work comes from referrals by happy clients to their friends/associates – that’s alot more than any other marketing method (Adwords, advertising, directories, social media, etc.) and it doesn’t cost you a thing.