Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Ideas to improve marketing effectiveness of website Reply To: Ideas to improve marketing effectiveness of website

andy
  • Total posts: 16
Up
::
ickle Kids, post: 24376 wrote:
Hi there,

I like the simplicity of the website – modern and fresh.

Here are my thoughts:

* The home page doesn’t really jump out at me. Can you try breaking up the text a bit – shorter sentences, bullet points, highlighting important points in bold etc. You can add links in here to other pages as well – good for seo I think.
* Also, noticed on the PT and Cycling page – you have “options” on the side – which really is a price list. I didn’t think that from the heading to be honest – have you thought of changing this to be really obvious? Sorry, could be me being a bit slow (been looking after 3 tearaways today!). I think this is an important factor that should be on your home page – people are price conscience and could be something that they may not be seeing when they hit your home page – so decide to click off. Just a thought.

Anyway, hope this kind of helps.

Would love to hear how you get on.

Cheers
Laine

Hey Laine

Thanks for that. I have thought that myself about the “options” tab. My thinking in having it that way is that I do not want to compete on price, but on quality. I want to have my prices displayed on the site ( because ads/ websites that aren’t upfront about costs annoy me), but a tab that says “Price list” just seems a bit too blatant when I don’t want to compete on price. Does that make sense? Any/ideas or suggestions in this area greatly received.

andy