Home – New Forums Starting your journey How do you make your business grow ?? Reply To: How do you make your business grow ??

Army of One
  • Total posts: 37
Up
::

OK – assuming you can only clean for a client so much, chances are you are not going to be able to simply do more work for your existing customers. This means you need more customers.

I suggest you need to do a few basic marketing exercises:

1. Work out what you competitive advantage is (i.e. why would someone choose you over another cleaning business)

2. Work out who your ideal client is

3. Based on your ideal client work out your target market (i.e. offices in the certian geographic areas or homes etc)

4. Ensure any marketing activities are focused on your target market.

If you successfully gain new clients, you will soon realise (if you have not already) that there are only so many hours in a day – so you need to put in place systems to ensure that you can use other people (employees or contractors) to service some of your clients.

But then again – if you want to grow your business, chances are you may simply end up like another generic cleaning ‘brand’ (like VIP, James or Jims). So if you grow your business and it looks like it is going to go this way – why just save some time and buy a franchise now?

As they say – “if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em!”

Otherwise you will be competing with them so you will have to offer something special to potential customers to make them choose you over your competitors.

I hope this helps!
Kris