Home – New Forums Marketing mastery When not answering the phone when with a client cost me money. Reply To: When not answering the phone when with a client cost me money.

Barb
  • Total posts: 144
Up
::
marvelit, post: 25082 wrote:
So today I was at a clients office having a meeting with him and my phone rang. Out of courtesy I very rarely answer my phone when with a client, so I hung up which gives the busy tone.

exactly 11 minutes later I call the client back and they have told me that they have found someone else.

I guess some times not answering your phone straight away instantly can make you lose money! For those who take lots of client calls, and brush them off, think about this next time it rings :)

(having said this, if answering the calls all the time on site in a meeting would piss people off, it could also lose you customers hehe.)

I have found a similar thing. I’ve noticed that if I can’t get to the phone in time and the phone goes to voicemail, people don’t bother leaving messages. In some cases I can call the number back, but it is a little frustrating.

Regards,