Home – New Forums Starting your journey G’day & Help Please. Reply To: G’day & Help Please.

Karen Wardle
  • Total posts: 363
Up
::

Hi Keith

Firstly congratulations on having the guts to pursue a dream. Secondly I commend you on having the common sense to want to tackle this issue early.

Unfortunately Keith I do not think that you and your mate are destined to be in business together. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t remain friends.

There has been a lot of good advice here about how you could go about defining areas of responsibility etc. When two people have the same vision and goals for the business this is a great way to clarify partnership role and to formalize a partnership agreement.

In this case though I don’t think that this will help.

but it sounds like there is a difference in attitude and that is often impossible to change. You can’t teach motivation and drive – you’ve got it or you don’t.

Find a partner(s) thats as enthusiastic as you (and preferrably not a family member or friend) and move forward.

I agree with James. Your mate is obviously not as passionate about this as you. For him it will always be just a ‘job’. If he hasn’t got the discipline and determination at this early stage, it is unlikely that he will ever have it.

I would just sit down with him and tell him that although you are mates you think that your working styles are very different and that for the sake of the friendship, you no longer wish to be going into business with him.

One more thing Keith. It sounds like you have passion, drive, intelligence and ambition. Do you really need a partner.