Home – New Forums New here? Share your story about me & so many questions – new cafe hope Reply To: about me & so many questions – new cafe hope

Jake@EmroyPrint
  • Total posts: 1,117
Up
::
cakequeen, post: 27102 wrote:
Passion for really really good coffee too has grown along the way, & I have come to believe there is a real gap in the market for a cafe which makes its own cakes, has an emphasis on quality coffee

This is so incredibly true. In my local area, there are 10 different coffee shops, none of which make quality coffee. It’s either too hot, too cold, bad beans etc. When I want a coffee (Which is about 3-4 times a week) I get in my car and drive 10 minutes to my favorite coffee shop, wait in line for at least 10 minutes and drive back. All because the coffee is so good =) If you make incredible coffee, trust me, once the word spreads, people will come!

cakequeen, post: 27102 wrote:
How can I possibly predict how much I will sell??? When I was first starting up and my suppliers were asking me roughly how much $ worth of work I would be sending to them, I jokingly said “Hmm, probably no less than a million, I’ll try and aim for around 5 though. It is my first year in business remember.” Obviously we both knew I was joking, but it was a good ice breaker. Worked well with the banks too =)

Have you ever worked in a cafe before? It may be an idea to do some casual work to understand whats involved while your finalising your own arrangements.