Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Internet Marketing Roadmap Reply To: Internet Marketing Roadmap

businessjett
  • Total posts: 5
Up
::

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for sharing your roadmap with the group. In the next few weeks I am going to start my own website.

Do you mind sharing how long it took you to learn these techniques to start to generate traffic to the site ?

Thanks,
Byron

Arnold Shields, post: 28017 wrote:
I have been developing my internet marketing strategy and I would love to know what everyone thinks about it.

It has been successful for me – I am getting a surprising amount of new leads and work from this

• Get a WordPress website – I tried DotNetNuke, BlogEngine and when I changed to WordPress the ranking and traffic increased at least 300%
  • Understand SEO – There are rules to having high ranking Google pages – you need to know them – because you will be using them every day.
  • Measurement– I sure that you have heard “What you can measure you can manage” – there are some great free tools – Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools will tell you where you visitors came from, where they visited, what keywords they used etc. You need to install those on your WordPress site.
  • Write Blogs – why blogs … because people love blogs and Google loves blogs. Blogs are a very effective way to build reputation and trust with your customers. Try to write at least 3 blogs per week.
  • Keep them coming back – Developing ideas that will keep your target customers coming back to your site – eBooks, Online Tools etc.
  • Building your email list – Very few people will buy on the first visit to your site. Studies have shown that email is one of the most effective online selling mechanisms.
  • Website Optimisation – Your website will require constant tweaking so that you can get people to stay longer and buy more. There is a vast array of techniques available.
  • Social Media – It’s about spreading the word. The social media that you use will depend on the target demographics of your target customers.
  • Email your list – Your list are the people who trust you and are most likely to buy from you. You will have to email them on a regular basis.
  • Don’t stop – Keep on writing blogs, listen to what your customers are looking for, develop ebooks, develop tools, continue building your email list, optimise your site, use social media.