Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Are You Checking Your Google Local Business Listings? Reply To: Are You Checking Your Google Local Business Listings?

JohnW
  • Total posts: 2,642
Up
::
Gordon Akman, post: 36387 wrote:
I have noticed in the last week if you type my business name into google my local business listing for Brisbane displays but with the heading from my Sydney listing.
Hi Gordon,
Google tells me you have claimed your Sydney/Brisbane business listing. In fact, I don’t see a listing that has a Sydney address. Is there supposed to be one?

Was there a Sydney listing at one stage that was edited for your Brisbane company?

Before you claim your listing, Google uses Yellow Pages business information. The Google business titles you use indicate that someone has amended them after reclaiming the business listing.

Google introduced new guidelines for business listings in maps late last year. http://www.google.com/support/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=107528

Now, you are only supposed to use your real business name in the title and not include additional info about the services you provide.

It is reported Google has been cracking down on people who enter multiple listings without real presences where they claim listings. You may have been accidentally caught up in this net.

Regs,

John W