Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introduction and Major Question. Reply To: Introduction and Major Question.

Leisa D
  • Total posts: 563
Up
::

Hi, welcome to Flying Solo.

First of all, re the ABN – the number refers to YOU as an entity, not specifically to the type of business you’re operating – so it’s just a matter of calling to change the “main business activity”, if only for the purpose of keeping records up to date.

Now, to the nitty gritty. You can learn the housekeeping stuff from state govt business websites, and of course here on FS – BUT…

My advice is don’t waste time and energy trying to do all your marketing yourself. I ended up spending around 70% of my time on marketing, simply because I don’t really know what I’m doing. It’s also more difficult to effectively market your own business, much like it’s difficult to write your own resume.

This year I’ll be outsourcing the planning part to a professional, then do the day to day tasks myself according to her suggestions. It’s a comprimise between blindly doing everything yourself, and paying big dollars for a total marketing service.