Home – New Forums Starting your journey Family Trust Reply To: Family Trust

James Millar
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,739
Up
::

Just some other comments to those above.

1. Avoid unit trusts (they are less flexible than alternatives – sorry Ian I don’t know who advised you to the contrary).

2. Corporate trustee sounds unnecessary in these circumstances (no asset protection issues – although I question that in a trading business). Cost for trust with individual trustees is around $700 including $200 stamp duty, tfn, abn reg. Add around $500 for corporate trustee if required.

3. Bank lvr’s for franchises vary depending on the franchise brand. Many of the big franchises have pre approved lending facilities with a major bank. I think for example boost and salsa have a 50 or 60% lvr and tailored package all ready to go with NAB. If it’s a small or developing franchise then they may not have such an arrangement.

A Disc trust is actually pretty simple and cost effective. For a retail business with no PSI issues it is perfect for income splitting and tax optimization.

Best of luck with it.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900