Home – New Forums Starting your journey E-Commerce budget Reply To: E-Commerce budget

JayTurn
  • Total posts: 35
Up
::

Hi thinkingbig,

I don’t want to deter you from your idea but I want to let you know that getting 10,000 people purchasing your product per month is a huge task. Being conservative, if you had a 3% conversion rate it would mean you need at least 333,000 people to your website per month, or roughly 11,000 people per day.

There are a number of things you will need to do to achieve this but Rob is spot on when he suggests the marketing will be an ongoing cost.

If you want to achieve the traffic numbers suggested, you will need to be busting your chops with content writing, link building, networking, social interaction with the community of your industry, video blogging/marketing, paid search advertising or other online advertising methods (on blogs, websites etc).

Not to mention some of the more traditional avenues in the beginning to get the word out, radio, television, magazines, brochures, those guys that travel around on their scooters with the mobile billboards :p

If you already have an established business, it is easier to get the word out in the beginning because you can start plugging your site to existing customers. If you are starting from scratch, without an idea that turns viral pretty quickly, it will take some years before you can maintain 333k people per month.

In no way am I suggesting that you shouldn’t progress with your idea, what I am saying is that it may take some time for you to reach the goal you have stated. The 15K will help to get the ball rolling but to sustain it you need to get yourself ranked well in the search engines, otherwise you will be paying huge dollars to attract business.