Home – New Forums Marketing mastery What’s in a name?? Reply To: What’s in a name??

marketingweb
  • Total posts: 625
Up
::

Hi Michael,

I’m definitely not trying to start a fight, I’m just trying to help Barb out! I promise I’m not having a go at you or young nomad, sorry if it came across that way at all.

I agree with you that with dashes is easier to read, however they aren’t easier to say such as on radio or in actual word of mouth, so six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Much more importantly without a dash is the standard that has been adopted by people worldwide as the preferred way of doing domain names. Being non-standard is attractive sometimes, but I don’t think in this case it is. The exception I would make for dashed names is a name like fitness-shop which is hard to read as fitnessshop because there are just too many s’s!

Most importantly, if she already has a domain name including the keywords with only 4 letters before it (that make sense), I don’t see the point of going to the effort of changing it to a .com.au or dashed name.

Just my thoughts
Matt
Marketing Web