Home – New Forums Tech talk Business catalyst or Webpress? How much will I pay? Reply To: Business catalyst or Webpress? How much will I pay?

JohnSheppard
  • Total posts: 940
Up
::
warrenc, post: 49620 wrote:
This has been an interesting thread.

Quite frankly, I don’t think you said a gumby thing, John.

In fact I am befuddled… if web people are going to deliver a website to a client and not involve themselves in the client’s internet marketing plans then what are they really delivering?

haha, well in truth I guess I was just trying to avoid discussing that particular issue at the time and went a bit overboard with self recrimination :). I think there are times to get involved and times not to get involved.

If I was building a 20k+ site, you betcha I’d be involved. If I was building a $2000 site, sure…they need marketing advice, definitely, but are they paying for it? No. So they don’t get it.

My advice to people looking at websites who are not ‘from the internet’ themselves is that you should go to the web developer who does get involved. You don’t find those in the price range the original poster is looking at.

I am kinda torn between weather there is responsibility on a web developer who knows full well that someone is throwing away their money to tell them and turn their business away. I don’t have the answer to that.

warrenc, post: 49620 wrote:
Is the answer… a glorified business card?

Well I don’t know if it’s an answer, it’s a stop gap. That’s what some people need/want and that’s ok. As those in the know know there’s a whole lot more to it than that if you really intend to use the Internet to more than 1% of it’s capacity.