Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to get face time/networking events instead of behind the Computer? Reply To: How to get face time/networking events instead of behind the Computer?

Geezertd
  • Total posts: 8
Up
::
FS Concierge, post: 47757 wrote:
Hi Matt,

Nice to meet you, and welcome to Flying Solo.

I know exactly what you mean about ‘desk fatigue’. After what feels like weeks on end at my desk I spent most of today at an industry trade fair. It was a rare treat for me to casually run into several of my clients, rather than seeing them at formal business meetings and briefing sessions. There should be more of it I say!

Where are you based, and what type of client are you looking for? I’m sure between the lot of us we can come up with some ideas for you.

Hope you have a great weekend,
Jayne

Hi Jayne,

thanks for the reply and feedback!

We are based on the Gold Coast and, not surprisingly, the largest percentage of our current clients are based in the tourism/hospitality industries.

I am continually struggling to come up with methods to get any face time with clients as people are VERY unreceptive to cold calling from my experience, even if you have carefully researched their company and are calling to provide them with some kind of benefit…