Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to create back links to our websites? Reply To: How to create back links to our websites?

Samh
  • Total posts: 37
Up
::

Hi Tim,

I took a look at silkroadtrade.com.au. Good to see you have sensible page titles.

I’ve had success building links to some of my sites and with others I’ve struggled, so I am not an expert, but here are some ideas that come to mind, I am sure some are crazier than others :)

I think your target clients are Australian retailers and wholesalers who currently are importing from China or are thinking about importing from China.

0 – Holy Grail, scalable content. I have no specifics here but if you can think of some useful, non-copied content that you can produce on a mass scale, producing hundreds or thousands of pages quickly this can have an impact over night. But it can’t be low quality copied content. This is a hard one but worth thinking about.

1 – Create a list of possible problems with importing from China. Be brutal, “low quality”, “unreliable servicing”, “misleading package and labeling” etc. Then email Australia businesses that are not importing from China.

Say “We’ve noticed that some of your competitors are competing with you using cheaper imported Chinese manufactured good, we’ve created a list of possible consumer risks associated with these imported goods, you might want to link to it on your blog so your customers can see the risks involved in switching to your competitor.

How sneaky is that! Using the risks associated with importing from China to build links to your service that helps ameliorate those risks!

2 – Create a similar list with the problems and ways that the risks can be reduced “low quality manufacturing – regular plant inspection”, “misleading packaging – Local and outsourced quality control, just like Apple does”.

Email every Australian company you can find that sells products imported from China.

“We’re experts on the importation of Chinese goods and we’ve noticed some in your product line. Here is a link to the best practices of importing from China, which we know you’re following, feel free to link to it on your blog so your customers can be reassured that many of the myths about Chinese products aren’t true”.

3 – Create a page specifically about the 10 biggest manufacturing areas in China.

Include a map, a description, some photos of smiling people standing outside factories.

Email every business that imports products manufactured in those areas.

“Hi, we’ve noticed you are selling products manufactured in Hang Xiang (made up name :) ) province.

We have put together a cute little page about Hang Xiang and it’s growing economy, you might want to link to the page from your site so your customers get a feel for where their goods are coming from”.

4 – Write mini reviews of any related service provider. A logistics company, a legal company etc.

Then when you’ve written the review email them and tell them you’ve written a review of their service, ask for any feeedback or corrections they have and mention that they might want to link to the review from their site.

*don’t forget if you are ever emailing someone and asking them to link to you include the link html in your email.

That way it’s easier for them, they can just cut and paste, and you get to suggest the link text.

So don’t just say “you might want to link to this”, say “If you think your blog readers would be interested you might want to add this link : Great info on China manufacturing

5 – Statistics and surveys. Do you have any information or stats that you could publish, maybe a survey.

Can you contact a bunch of Australian importers and ask them to fill out a 3 question survey. Then you could email (via linkedin perhaps) aussie business journalists and let them know about the survey, or offer to provide them the survey responses (you could anonymize them, giving only a brief company profile not the company name). Get some business journos to consider you a source.

Cheers
Sam