Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Why testimonials sucks Reply To: Why testimonials sucks

altima
  • Total posts: 131
Up
::
JohnSheppard, post: 49530 wrote:
lol. If I understand correctly you mean to say that testimonials don’t help the customer?

While you get no arguement from me, I think you misunderstand the purpose of testimonials :)

Most people are in business to sell things….testimonials sell things….if you’re a money driven sales person on commission that’s all that really matters. Forgive my cynicism, but absolute truth went out of the the sales process a long long time ago :)

Testomonials work because the vast majority of people don’t think beyond, “Jimbo says this is great, I want what he’s got” and are also more inclined to believe what other people tell them, even if they don’t know them.

The article was written from the buyer outlook. All we buy something from time to time, not only sell.

I would not argue that testimonials may help companies to sell, so to use them in your own selling pitch or not is another issue. Probably, since many people still believe in them it makes sense.