Home Forums Starting your journey Registering a company Reply To: Registering a company

joe.s2019
  • Total posts: 1
Baby Sunshine, post: 50753, member: 14765 wrote:
Hello forum people!

Little newbie here (me) needs a little help in starting a company.

I have in my hands… Form 201.

They need the state/territory of registration. I live in Queensland and the everything will be done from home. Putting down Queensland in this column would work right?

Company name. I have searched through IP Australia’s database and there is no similiar registered trademark nor there is a company name similiar to mine.
Shouldn’t have any issues here i hope.

Now further in this part is where I am having a little problem. Under type of company, I would select Propreitary Company. What about Class of Company??
Could anybody give some advice on this?

Then, there is ‘registered office’. I will be conducting it mostly from my rented home. Can I use my residential addresss? The second part of it requires an answer to the question, “Does the company occupy the premises?”. Well I live here and will use my little bedroom as an office. So the answer to it is yes?

3. Appointing an officeholder
I will be pretty much the only person to run it. So i guess i’m the Director right?

4. Ultimate Holding Company??

5. Ok I need a lot of help in this.

6. Members??

Thank you very very very much in advance for your advice and help.
*Hugs*

Company registration in Australia can be done these days without paying expensive lawyers for advise, for information that you can find easily online or by asking service professionals. I trust you’ve set up your company now so all the best for your new venture.