Home – New Forums Tell me straight… new website for review Reply To: new website for review

marketingweb
  • Total posts: 625
Up
::
KarenC, post: 51320 wrote:
And you should have some keywords under the description in the meta tags.
At the moment you only have a description. Applicable keywords will help the search engines find you. There are loads of SEO experts on these forums.
Wishing you much success.

Hi again Miss Julie & also Karen,

Just wanted to clarify one thing Karen (hope you don’t mind me popping in here).

The meta keywords tag which is the “pair” of the meta description tag is considered to be basically useless these days. Reason is that it was so abused by keyword stuffing Google decided to ignore it completely, and the other search engines such as Bing and Yahoo place such a low value on it that it’s not worth the hassle really.

This is “straight from the horses mouth” on the official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web rankings

What you could do though Kerry (Missjulie) is get more of your keywords in the title tag, obviously after working out what the best target words for you are. I’ve done a blog post on Title Tags which is well worth a read.

Matt