Home – New Forums Starting your journey When you doubt yourself..web designer Reply To: When you doubt yourself..web designer

Sh33py
  • Total posts: 13
Up
::

Hey coffeegal,

I can understand your dilemma from a business perspective, I am taking the plunge into working for myself and I tell you what, I even thought that I was in way over my head, infact I still think I am. But what is keeping me going is the determination of my goals and a friend who has been by my side since the beginning. If you read my thread in this category you will see how I got motivated and I hope you find it somewhat helpful. It is human to compare yourself to others and we all do it on a day to day basis. Just remember that you never really see the “behind the scenes” so don’t be too hard on yourself as you never know, they may file for bankruptcy the next day.

From my time doing door to door sales… (yes I know) I gained a lot of sales skills that I wouldn’t of thought would be useful until now. So the time you are sitting there learning scripting languages and anything else will help you in the future, you just don’t know when. Keep at it and keep expanding your knowledge and never under estimate yourself because while you are comparing yourself to others I am positive there will be people that will look up to your work and inspire them to achieve what you have already done. In saying that you’re better off striving towards what you are comparing yourself against so that one day when you become that good, you know where your inspiration came from and you will be thankful for that.

Everything starts with an idea, you just have to ask yourself if you are going to follow through, Otherwise it will just remain an idea. Start small and tackle the problems as they come, after all the best way to get good at something is to keep practicing for yourself and learn from your mistakes as you go along, there are some things in life that school just cannot teach you.

Hope this is of help to you, because in all honesty, it’s not your lack of experience that is holding you back, you can do anything if you put your mind to it.