Home – New Forums Tech talk Odesk – Outsource your business needs Reply To: Odesk – Outsource your business needs

iamsparro
  • Total posts: 65
Up
::
bridiej, post: 61824 wrote:
In this specific example (i.e. the website):

OP has paid $500. For the sake of argument let’s assume an Australian-based web designer would have charged $1,500 for a new website package.

OP has purchased what he thinks is a bargain – he’s got what he thinks is a fantastic site for a third of what an Australian-based web designer would have charged him.

BUT

The site isn’t seach engine optimised AT ALL, even basic things are missing.

Had the OP stuck his hand in his pocket and paid an Australian-based web designer the full amount he would have got not only a fantastic site but it would have also had some search engine optimisation carried out as well (possibly even completely optimised). I know this for a fact as I’ve just had my website redesigned and, even though I did the content myself, some keyword research was carried out and certain aspects of SEO were sorted for me.

Do you really think that EVERY web designer in Australia builds sites that are SEO-friendly? I work in SEO and if this was true, I probably wouldn’t have a job :)

I actually think very few designers and developers, particularly, have any interest in SEO, let alone skill.