Home – New Forums Starting your journey Domain name registration Reply To: Domain name registration

vondutch
  • Total posts: 14
Up
::

Thanks all for sharing your information & opinions. I guess one does pay more if you want reliable customer service.

I decided to go with Ziphosting as they are accredited by auDA and relatively cheap: $20.95 for 2 years. However I have chosen a .com rather than the .com.au version just because I can register it per year rather than 2 years. Also, if I ever move back to Europe, a .com will be more suitable than .com.au

As I only needed a domain name, I thought I’d go with Ziphosting. However, after signing up I’d already regretted it. I think next time I prefer to pay the extra $$ and go with a company like Netregistry as they responded almost straight away to my email queries. Their email answered all my questions very detailed. Ziphostings response took much longer and was very basic, just referring me back to the support documentation which I already had read twice. Hmmmm.

So I guess if you are new to it all, I would definitely suggest to go for a company that provide excellent support, like NetRegistry.