Home – New Forums Money matters forced to bankruptsy Reply To: forced to bankruptsy

peppie
  • Total posts: 525
Up
::

For what it’s worth, and I fully realise it is very difficult when you are right in the midst of the forest to see just how you SHOULD act (much easier after the event),,, but, here is one thing I have learnt lately because I have HAD to. Sort of a case of being forced to slow down and face the facts. I have suffered that kind of stress and paid for it for one thing in health problems.

When you are right there in the midst of things it is VERY tempting to get caught up in the emotion of it all. How dare they treat me like this, I’m not going to let them beat me etc. etc.. But the big problem of all that is that you find yourself having to continually solve problems, and in the vast majority of such situations it just doesn’t work. All you do is end up in a cycle of “I’m not going to let this beat me” and it will most likely end up in just simply destroying you and everyone nearest to you.

The other side of this is that the people/big boys you are fighting against couldn’t care less how you feel, they are just taking care of themselves. In fact it is quite possible they may choose to take this sort of action just simply to push you to breaking point. The reality is that they will probably come out of this with a few scratches and you,,, much worse.

My solution? Work at stop being so subjective (simply put, so emotional) and practice being much more objective. In other words, take a HUGE step back and look at everything in very practical and realistic business like terms. Start by weighing up what you might loose by walking away from such a fight verses taking a stand. Take stock, consider the options, ask yourself what after all would be best for you/what you would really rather be doing. I bet if you can be realistic you would have to admit that in standing up to them you would likely loose much more.

Now, this has got nothing to do with being yellow. Rather you should act with integrity and take care of those who should be taken care of, but if some people don’t deserve it because of their actions,,,,. Don’t be vindictive, don’t be mean, but make sure you act in a proper manner. And don’t be a martyr.