Home – New Forums Starting your journey Where do I start? Reply To: Where do I start?

Pinnacle TMS
  • Total posts: 76
Up
::
teenz, post: 70541 wrote:
Hi all,

I’m new to the forum :)

I’ve been considering starting up my own business. I thought about buying a franchise but for a few reasons have decided against it.

But I have no idea where to start. I’ve been thinking about business loans so I’m aware I will need a business plan etc, but do I need some sort of deposit/capital to be able to get a loan?

Any tips or suggestions to point me in the right direction would be great.

Welcome to the forum, Teenz (sorry you didn’t leave your name :)). Sounds like you need to go to an accountant so you can get some ground floor advice on your business structure and he/she may have contacts as well as advice in relation to money issues. You may also need a solicitor, depending on your business needs, eg sole owner or shared. When you chose a name for your business make sure you have searches done to see its available to use not only on the business registers but also as a trade mark. You don’t want to chose a name and then have to change it because it’s already taken by a competitor as a registered trade mark. Once you have chosen your name, you will probably also need a web designer unless you want to do that yourself. I believe there are a number of people here on the forum that can help – check out the directory – but if you need some referrals let me know. Good luck – its an exciting time!

Cheers,
Suzanne