Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Business Do Not Call Register Reply To: Business Do Not Call Register

AgentMail
  • Total posts: 1,741
Up
::

Hi Kenny,

How exactly is it that you manage this? do you have the backing by ACMA, and if so, what fines are in place for someone that does call a business on your register.

I have seen instances where this can be a real drama, as businesses have their phone systems set to not ring someone on a register, then when it is a customer, you have to go through a lot of hassle trying to get them off of it.

Most of the calls that I get hassling me are for residential, not business purposes. I really don’t see any business related call as a hassle – someone wants to save me money, sure I’ll take a look, someone wants to sell me some new signage or internet package, happy to listen – where my business is concerned, I think that I would rather have the knowlesge of knowing I have everything available, rather than shut those opportunities off.

On the other hand, back in the UK, they did have an FPS, which was a ‘do not fax’ register, and I think this is a great idea, as I think it is very unfair for a company to use your resources whilst trying to promote something to you.