Home – New Forums Starting your journey Hit A Brick Wall – Registering Business Name / ABN in Australia Reply To: Hit A Brick Wall – Registering Business Name / ABN in Australia

Beautician
  • Total posts: 180
Up
::

In no way suggesting that a trademark be forgotten about. It actually says in my post that it’s simply not the first port of call. This means that you do your due diligence of course but refrain from lodging at that particular time if at all (some elect to simply use and not register). Trademark isn’t necessarily a number one priority, not when you have other, more important costs to consider when starting up. In addition, business advisers do advise to give the business a go first before investing hundreds in a trademark for a business that may well fail. So there’s that aspect of it to consider too.

*sigh* I wasn’t suggesting that it be left for five years either. Or, worse, that it not be done at all. Surely a bit of commonsense would come into play here.
Please don’t read any further into what I wrote in that, quite simply, trademark is one of many priorities but not necessarily the priority.