Home – New Forums Logistics Importing & Exporting Reply To: Importing & Exporting

Stan the Man
  • Total posts: 10
Up
::

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I actually started this new thread to know about on what basis does clients select their shipping agent as I am working for a relative small freight forwarding company.

Hi Kathy,

Agree with your point, as most of clients choose us and stay with us because they can trust us to provide reliable and cost effective service which allows them to focus on their own business.

I agree with you that you need to ask a lot of questions because a lot of forwarders will give vague answers to many questions. You should be asking questions such as what is included in the price, if freight from overseas is involved what port it is the from and what terms is it based on, how are the charges on arrival calculated, is duty applicable for the product (or product range) and is there a duty concession applicable and are there any quarantine issues etc…

Hi Krisy,

Well noted that you have select your forwarder thru the web. I guess we have to be up on the first page on google to be noted. If you would like another quote or are interested in finding out more about us and our services please let me know and we will give you a followup call.

And, most importantly, forwarders will talk in their own jargon, so if you do not understand what they are talking about, ask the question again, until you get a satisfactory answer.