Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Is your e-commerce website a shady guy with a trench coat full of gold watches? Reply To: Is your e-commerce website a shady guy with a trench coat full of gold watches?

VehicleMods
  • Total posts: 124
Up
::

I agree with your comments. Just before I started my business, I attended a global travelling road show seminar hosted by Xerox. One speaker spent a lot of time talking about trust (and the lack of it) on the net and in today’s business in general.

This reminded me of a comment by one speaker years ago that we deal with people we “like, know and trust”. If you think about it, this is very true and if one of these is broken, you won’t do business.

So on the net, you can’t get people to know you or like you so all that is left is trust. Breach it and you are out of business.

I’ve followed this premise very carefully since I started my business and when I redid my web site at the beginning of the year, put a lot of effort building elements to develop trust in the on line environment.

Wile it is still too early to have meaningful results, now I have established funnels and can track eCommerce in Google Analytics, it would appear that my conversion rates are very high by industry benchmarks I could find.

Perhaps this is due in part with the effort I put into the trust component of the eCommerce puzzle.