Home – New Forums Starting your journey Online store – how to approach businesses for products? Reply To: Online store – how to approach businesses for products?

Anonymous
  • Total posts: 11,464
Up
::

Hi Tina!

I have the perfect solution to you – I myself have opened up my own online makeup and beauty shop, would love to chat to you :)

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested!

[email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you

Beth

tinamu, post: 79933 wrote:
Hi everyone :)

I’ve done a bit of a search but couldn’t find anything that answered my question.

I’m looking at starting an online makeup shop. I’d like to start with makeup and then if it takes off I’d like to add possibly skincare and haircare.

I’m wondering if anyone knows how I approach brands for their products? Do I email and say I’m starting an online store etc? Do you usually pay upfront or will be there credit terms etc, or will it be dependant on their terms? Do I put together some sort of package about my store when I approach them?

Any advice or a point in the right direction would be fantastic.

EDIT: I should point out here that I’ve given it some thought and have in mind a few brands of makeup products I’d like to sell initially. I’m a part time makeup artist so I know a lot of brands and have the right kind of info to go ahead with a website.

Thanks,
Tina