Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How do you go about increasing your prices when your client is a master negotiator? Reply To: How do you go about increasing your prices when your client is a master negotiator?

Inner West Counsellor
  • Total posts: 2
Up
::

Re: How do you go about increasing your prices when your client is a master negotiato

Hi Redzebra

re …. there are other ways to increase prices.
One effective strategy I have applied is offering copies of the certified documents I produce for a small extra fee. The trick is to make the extra fee large enough for you to make a good profit for this added service (e.g. it only takes a minute to produce it), but the customer is happy to pay what they perceive as a small amount if it saves them their time and money, e.g. organising certified copies through a third party. Maybe in your case, this could be multiple/cropped/reformatted photos (?).

I also endorse the idea of asking yourself why a price increase is necessary. I find in my business that advances in technology and ‘template’ materials I create mean that I actually earn more per hour for certain jobs than in the past, i.e. while keeping my prices constant in a very competitive sector that can also be sourced offshore. My philosophy is that your hourly profit margin is the key to everything – how long you need to work to allow yourself the time NOT to!

… and as always, never forget to tout your USPs!!!

rgds Michael